Tuesday, March 24, 2009

event news & thank you's

Due to many requests, we are scheduled for a Dairy Queen Fundraiser in Wasilla now! Please join us by coming in for dinner or a treat Thursday, April 9 from 4-7 PM. DQ will donate 10% of all sales during our "take-over" towards Caitlin's cause. Thanks DQ!

Thanks so much to all that came to the fundraiser dinner & silent auction planning meeting last night. We are organizing our Fundraiser Dinner & Silent Auction on Saturday, April 25 from 4-7 PM. If you would like to volunteer at the dinner (plenty of jobs available!) or would like to donate a silent auction item, please email me at rebeccainak@aol.com . If you know of some businesses that you think may like to donate, I do have information packets and donation information available. We are also looking for entertainment during our dinner, so open to all suggestions!

Finally, thank you to the Caledonian-Record of Vermont and New Hampshire for publishing such a nice story. Thank you to Paul's parents for giving the paper our information. If you are reading my blog due to this story, THANK YOU for taking the time to show concern for our Caitibug!

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca- I just read the story in the Caledonian and I would like to help in any way that I can. I don't know if you've ever heard of Etsy.com- it's an online storefront where everything sold is handmade- it's huge (worldwide)and it's absolutely wonderful. I read that you make candles & it'd be a great place to sell them to help generate some extra income for you and your family (cost is 20 cents per listing). Many times they have fundraisers for children and adults and I would like to suggest a fundraiser to the administration for little Caitlin if that's okay with you. It might help if you were a member of Etsy (no fees associated) but that way they might be able to contact you easily and recognize you as part of the Etsy community. I am also part of two teams; etsybaby and etsykids so I will work with both teams to see if we can help out in any way. I don't have an overwhelming amount of sales in my shop: autumnsarrival.etsy.com, but I'll start a sale in Caitlin's honor to see if I can raise some funds to help out. I can be reached at the following email address: autumnsarrival@cox.net. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Adria Sawyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A diary on [Daily Kos http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/3/26/713151/-A-trio-of-happy-animal-stories-~-and-begging-for-hope] last night raised several hundred dollars for sweet Caitlin. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete